Custom Mattress Shipping
Roll-Pack shipping via UPS
Custom Mattress Makers is able to ship mattresses nationwide, FREE of charge, by using the roll-packing system. Each mattress is bagged, compressed, and rolled into a box. This relatively small size size allows for UPS ground shipping, which delivers the mattress to the front door of any address in the 48 contiguous US states.
All mattresses on this website are specially designed to be roll-pack shipped. The individually-wrapped coil systems used are extremely flexible and can be bent in almost any direction without harm. The mattress covers and boarders are designed to be stretchy, allowing the mattress to return to its original shape quickly with minimal wrinkling. As for the upholstery paddings used, they are the most flexible of all by using "open cell" technology. This allows the padding to be compressed in any direction and still return back to original shape. Along with many other online mattress retailers, we find the roll-packing system to be highly successful.
Once you receive your new mattress, here are some tips to assist in the unpacking process:
Your new mattress is compressed, rolled and boxed so it’s easy to ship and handle. Once you have it where you are going to use it, do the following (we find it easier to do if you have a helper for assistance):
- Open one end of the box using scissors or a box cutter. On one end, you'll find an informational postcard that outlines some important topics.
- Lay the box on its side and slide the wrapped mattress out.
- Position the mattress on your frame/foundation so there is room for it to unroll and pull on the loose end of the plastic to get things started.
- Cut the first layer of plastic film using a pair of scissors, all the way across the roll. Keep in mind that we only want the plastic cut and not the mattress fabric underneath. *Scissors are the best tool to cut the film, as a razor blade may cut through to the bottom fabric. Once you've cut the film, simply pull the plastic towards you. This may be easier if your helper spins the mattress while you are pulling the plastic.
- The mattress will begin to unroll and unfold. You can then cut the final plastic bag and remove it completely. When the mattress is completely flat, there may be some wrinkling along the side panels. This is normal and after a short period of time these wrinkles will smooth out and the mattress will lay flat. Please allow a few hours for the upholstery to expand to full shape.
- If after waiting a few hours the mattress still seems under or oversized, feel free to grab one end of the mattress by the tape edge and pull or push. Sometimes the packing process can cause the coils to squeeze together or push apart a bit - which can be corrected by helping it stretch and expand to full size. This works best with one person holding one end of the mattress while the other pulls/shakes on the other side.
- You're all done!
*The mattress should be unpacked as soon as possible. We have tested mattresses compressed for the duration of 3 weeks with no issues, but would recommend opening it before then.
Failure to open the mattress within 30 days can cause structural damage and will void the warranty.
*For standard rectangular shaped mattresses, it's recommended to rotate your mattress from head to toe once every 1-2 months.