Custom Mattress Warranty
All mattresses on this website are fully warrantied against manufacturing defects. Please view the warranty information below and contact us with any questions:
Which mattresses are warrantied?
- Cocoa - Luxury Medium
- Cocoa - Luxury Firm
- Cocoa - Luxury Plush
What is covered under this warranty?
- Body impressions deeper than 1.5” when measured using the straight edge method, at a non-stitched area of mattress.
- Coils or wires that protrude through the top, side or bottom fabric of mattress.
- Severe separation of the binding tape at either the top or bottom of mattress.
What is not covered under this warranty?
- Normal body impressions of up to and including 1.5” in depth using the straight edge measuring method away from any stitching. Any impression less than or equal to these measurements is considered normal and are not covered under this warranty.
- Shipping costs associated with a replacement mattress. Any shipping costs of a replacement product are the responsibility of the customer.
- A mattress that is left in its original packaging and unopened for more than 30 days following the delivery date.
- Fabric Cover (Ticking) is not covered in any way.
- A product without a “law tag” (affixed or not) will not be covered.
- A product that is soiled, stained, burned or abused in any way.
- A mattress that has been used with an unsupportive foundation, platform bed or boxspring (see below for appropriate support examples).
- Any mattress that is used with an unsupportive frame or bedstead. This includes frames that lack center leg(s) extending to the floor.
- Mattresses used in a commercial setting (hotel, motel, B&B, institution, etc.) are not covered under this factory warranty.
- Customer comfort is not included with this warranty.
- The softening of a mattress over use time is completely normal and is not considered a structural defect.
- Your mattress may or may not be outfitted with a zipper on the underside of the mattress. This zipper must not be unzipped under any circumstances and doing so may void the mattress warranty.
Odd/Custom Size Mattress VarianceDue to physical limitations of components, as well as the packaging process, biometric pressure, humidity and other elements out of our control, all mattresses are subject to a 1" variance in both the width and length.
- As skilled as our builders are, it is almost impossible to construct a mattress to the exact dimensions of all possible size combinations. Since a majority of our mattresses feature steel coils, each coil spring has a predetermined diameter which cannot be split in half or thirds. Therefore, we confidently build the mattress to within a 1" variance of requested dimensions. Although the deviation is more common with coil mattresses, every mattress, regardless of design, will fall under this variance.
- In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect. However, these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal to see your mattress slightly undersized.
What can I place my mattress on for proper support?
- Any of the following can be used to properly support a mattress:
- A firm, relatively new boxspring. The surface of the boxspring should be completely flat across with no "bowing" in the middle. If the boxspring is 8 years old or older, it should be replaced.
- A platform style bed frame with a roll-out slat system. The gap in between each slat should be no more than 3". If the gap in between each slat is wider than 3", more slats should be added or a boxspring/foundation needs to be used.
- A solid platform surface. The surface should be sturdy and completely flat, free from impressions. Keep in mind that the entire mattress must be supported evenly from edge to edge.
- An adjustable bed. All mattresses we make are designed to work with adjustable beds.
- Bed Frame - Center Support
- All mattresses with a width between 53” and 60" must be supported by a frame that has at least one (1) leg extending to the floor near the center of the bed. This includes standard sizes such as full (double) and queen.
- All mattresses with a width greater than 60" must be supported by a frame that has at least two (2) legs extending to the floor near the center of the bed. This includes standard sizes such as king and California king.
- Center support, for mattress sizes listed above, is very important. Bed frames that lack center support can cause the mattress to “bow” towards the middle. This causes premature sagging and makes the mattress feel much softer than intended. To receive full benefit of your new mattress, please be sure your bed frame meets these requirements.
Mattress MaintenanceThe following are recommended to ensure a mattress is properly maintained:
- Rotate the mattress, head to toe, once every 2-3 months.
- Similar to rotating the tires on your car, this allows the mattress to wear evenly over time.
- Failure to rotate a mattress can cause premature body impressions and loss of comfort.
- Mattresses with unique angle or corner cuts may not be able to be rotated.
- Use a waterproof mattress protector.
- This keeps the mattress clean and free of liquids/contaminants that could severely compromise materials inside.
- When liquids and moisture come in contact with a mattress, it is deadly.
- Any staining on a mattress would void the warranty.
- Zipper on underside of mattress
- If your mattress is equipped with a zipper on the bottom, DO NOT UNZIP THE COVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Doing so may negatively affect materials inside the mattress and will void the warranty.
- Any fabric around the mattress should never be machine washed.
How long is the coverage period?
- Warranty information and coding is printed on the white “law” tag affixed to the mattress. The warranty length is written in YR/YR format. For example, 5/5 is a 5-year warranty. The warranty coverage period runs from the original date of purchase. Replacement of the mattress does not extend the warranty period or begin a new limited warranty period. If this tag is removed, please retain with your other mattress records.
How do I submit a warranty claim?
- If after reviewing this document you believe a manufacturing defect exists, and this defect is included in the “What is covered under this warranty” section, please send an inquiry via the “Contact Us” webpage HERE.
- Photos will be required to show the defective portion of the mattress. These can be attached directly to an email.
- After reviewing the claim, Custom Mattress Makers will make a fair and honest determination if the mattress yields a manufacturing defect, and whether this is covered under warranty.
- In the event a claim is accepted, Custom Mattress Makers will replace the defective mattress with the exact model and size, if that model is still available. If the model is unavailable, a comparable product will be substituted. This product replacement is provided to the customer at no charge, excluding all shipping costs.
- All shipping/transportation costs associated with a warranty replacement are the responsibility of the customer. Custom Mattress Makers will calculate the exact shipping cost of the replacement and an invoice will be sent via email. Once the balance is satisfied, the replacement mattress will be shipped and the warranty process will be completed.
- The disposal of any mattress is the responsibility of the customer and will not be paid for by Custom Mattress Makers.
Custom Mattress Makers shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages which result through the use of this product. No warranties, expressed or implied, are extended to persons who purchase this product from anyone other than Custom Mattress Makers Inc. or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded. Revised 05/2022