All products on this website are fully warrantied by the manufacturer: Yankee Mattress Factory.
Which mattresses are warrantied?
- Cape 6"
- Cocoa-Soft Latex
- Cocoa-Firm Latex
What is covered under this warranty?
- Body impressions deeper than 1.5” when measured using the straight edge method, at a non-stitched area of mattress.
- Coils or wires that protrude through the top, side or bottom fabric of mattress.
- Separation of the binding tape-edge at either the top or bottom of mattress.
What is not covered under this warranty?
- Normal body impressions of up to and including 1.5” in depth using the straight edge measuring method away from any stitching. Any impression less than or equal to these measurements is considered normal and are not covered under this warranty.
- A mattress that is left in its original packaging and unopened for more than 30 days following the delivery date.
- Fabric Cover (Ticking) is not covered in any way.
- A product without a “law tag” (affixed or not) will not be covered.
- A product that is soiled, stained or burned in any way.
- A mattress that has been used with an unsupportive foundation, platform bed or boxspring.
- Any mattress that is used with an unsupportive frame or bedstead. This includes frames that lack center leg(s) extending to the floor.
- Mattresses used in a commercial setting (hotel, motel, B&B, institution, etc.) are not covered under this factory warranty.
- Customer comfort is not included with this warranty.
- The softening of a mattress over use time is completely normal and is not considered a structural defect.
Odd/Custom Size Mattress VarianceDue to coil barrel diameters, all custom/odd-size mattresses are subject to a 1" variance in each direction.
- As skilled as our builders are, it is almost impossible to construct a spring mattress to exact desired dimensions. Each coil spring has a predetermined diameter, therefore we are somewhat limited when it comes to the width and length of the mattress. Since we cannot split a coil in half, we build the mattress to within a 1" variance of requested dimensions.
- In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect. However these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal to see your mattress slightly undersized.
What can I place my mattress on for proper support?
- Any of the following can be used to properly support a mattress:
- A firm, relatively new boxspring. The surface of the boxspring should be completely flat across with no "bowing" in the middle. If the boxspring is more than 8 years old, it should be replaced.
- A platform style bed frame with a roll-out slat system. The gap in between each slat should be no more than 3". If the gap in between each slat is wider than 3", more slats should be added or a boxspring needs to be used.
- A solid platform surface. The surface should be sturdy and completely flat, free from impressions. Keep in mind that the entire mattress must be supported evenly from edge to edge.
- An adjustable bed. All mattresses on this website are designed to work with adjustable beds.
- Bed Frame - Center Support
- All bed frame sizes 53” x 75” (full) and larger must have at least one (1) leg extending to the floor near the center of the bed. This includes queen size.
- All bed frame sizes 76” x 80” (king) and larger must have at least two (2) legs extending to the floor near the center of the bed. This includes California king size.
- Center support, for mattress sizes listed above, is very important. Bed frames that lack center support can cause the mattress to “bow” towards the middle. This causes premature sagging and makes the mattress feel much softer than intended. To receive full benefit of your new mattress, please be sure your bed frame meets these requirements.
Mattress MaintenanceThe following are highly recommended to insure a mattress is properly maintained:
- Rotate the mattress, head to toe, once every 1-2 months.
- Similar to rotating the tires on your car, this allows the mattress to wear evenly over time.
- Failure to rotate a mattress can cause premature body impressions and loss of comfort.
- Use a waterproof mattress protector.
- This keeps the mattress clean and free of liquids/contaminants that could severely compromise materials inside.
- When liquids and moisture come in contact with a mattress, it is deadly.
- Any staining on a mattress would void the warranty.
How long is the coverage period?
- Warranty information and coding is printed on the white “law” tag affixed to the mattress. The warranty length is written in YR/YR format. For example, 10/10 is a 10-year warranty. The warranty coverage period runs from the original date of purchase. Replacement of the mattress does not extend the warranty period or begin a new limited warranty period. If this tag is removed, please retain with your other mattress records.
How do I submit a warranty claim?
- If after reviewing this document you believe a manufacturing defect exists, and this defect is included in the “What is covered under this warranty” section, contact Yankee Mattress Factory by email via the “Contact Us” webpage HERE.
- Photos will be required to show the defective portion of the mattress. These can be attached directly to an email.
- After reviewing the claim, Yankee Mattress Factory will determine if the mattress yields a manufacturing defect that is covered under warranty.
- In the event a claim is accepted, Yankee Mattress Factory will replace the defective mattress with the exact model and size, if that model is still available. If the model is unavailable, a comparable product will be substituted. This product replacement is provided to the customer at no charge, excluding all shipping costs.
- All shipping/transportation costs associated with a warranty replacement are the responsibility of the customer. Yankee Mattress Factory will inform the customer of the shipping cost prior to the product leaving the factory.
- The disposal of any mattress is the responsibility of the customer and is not paid for by Yankee Mattress Factory.
The Yankee Mattress Factory shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages which result through the use of this product. No warranties, expressed or implied, are extended to persons who purchase this product from anyone other than The Yankee Mattress Factory, Inc. or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded. Revised 11/2018