At Custom Mattress Makers, a larger part of our time and effort is spent focused on creating a simple and straightforward ordering process for our customers. To achieve this, we aim to be completely transparent and upfront about any policies regarding our store and products. Since all products are completely custom and made to order, there are some limitations on what we can and cannot do. Please see our store policies listed below and feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
1. Order Changes and Cancellations
Need to make a size change?
Custom Mattress Makers allows for changes/alterations up to 24 hours after the order is placed. This applies to mattresses, foundations, sheets and mattress protectors.
- In an effort to keep lead-times as short as possible, we start assembling materials as early as one day after the order is placed.
- If it is within 24 hours of the order being placed and you need to make a change, please reply to the order confirmation email or reach out to us via the CONTACT US page.
- After 24 hours have passed since the order was placed, we are unable to make any changes.
Need to cancel an order?
Similar to the above policy, orders can be cancelled within 24 hours of the order being placed. This applies to mattresses, foundations, sheets and mattress protectors.
- If you're interested in cancelling a an order and it is within 24 hours of the order being placed, please reply to the order confirmation email or reach out to us via the CONTACT US page.
- Due to the custom nature of our products, we cannot cancel or refund an order after 24 hours have passed.
2. Odd/Custom Size Mattress Variance
Due to preset coil diameters and other elements outside of our control, all custom mattresses are subject to up to a 1" variance in each direction.
- When looking at the exact sizing of a finished mattress, several factors come into play. These include: material components, barometric pressure, humidity and packaging process. Whether it's a mattress with coils or all foam, these are factors that come into play which we have no control over. There is always the potential for the the finished dimensions on the table at the factory to change slightly after it's been packaged, shipped and placed onto a bed frame. Inside mattresses with individually-wrapped (steel) coils, each coil has a predetermined diameter which is set in stone. Unfortunately, we cannot cut the coils in half or into thirds with a knife or saw to marginally reduce the size of individual units. Regardless of the skill level of the craftsman, which is very high here, it is impossible to construct a spring mattress to exact desired dimensions for every available size combination. Therefore, we confidently build the mattress to within a 1 inch variance of requested dimensions. In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect, as there are other ways to slightly manipulate the size. However, these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal for your mattress to finish slightly smaller or larger than ordered.
- On the Cart page, there is a box where you can request the mattress to be made "slightly undersize" or "slightly oversize".
- Find additional information about odd size variances HERE.
3. 100-Night Satisfaction Guarantee
- All rectangular mattresses purchased from Custom Mattress Makers are eligible for the 100-Night Satisfaction Guarantee. This includes custom sizes. For more information about how this program works, visit our webpage HERE.
- Refunds are provided at no charge, up to 100 nights of the products delivery date. If this 100 nights is exceeded, eligibility for this program has expired and no refunds can be processed.
- This program applies only to mattresses purchased via this website. Special cuts, foundations, sheets, protectors, and any other products do not qualify.
- This refund program is offered one time per household. Custom Mattress Makers reserves the right to refuse multiple refund requests made by the same household.
4. Mattress Shipping Information
- All mattresses from Custom Mattress Makers are packaged via the "roll-packing" process. This process compresses and rolls the mattress into a carton that allows it to be shipped any physical street address in the continental USA. Feel free to read more about that process on our Shipping page HERE.
- Custom Mattress Makers pays a one time delivery cost for UPS Ground shipping to the address marked "shipping address" on the original order. There is no additional charge to the customer for this initial shipment.
- It is very important to monitor the tracking page provided in the shipping confirmation email. *In the event the package is not deliverable or is refused, a second delivery charge will apply and must be paid by the customer.
- If the original shipment is changed or altered by the customer, whether it's rerouted to a different address or a pick up is requested at a UPS facility, that is done at the customer's own risk. We highly recommend contacting CMM before altering any delivery addresses or dates. If a change or alteration is made by the customer and a redelivery of the mattress is required, that must be paid by the customer and not Custom Mattress Makers.
- Due to current UPS policy, old mattress and boxspring removals are not available at this time.