Custom-Size Mattress Variance
What is a "Custom-Size Mattress Variance"?
- As skilled as our builders are, it is impossible to construct a spring mattress to exact desired dimensions for every available size combination. Each coil spring has a predetermined diameter, therefore we are somewhat limited when it comes to the width and length of the mattress. Since we cannot split a coil in half or in thirds, we build the mattress to within a 1 inch variance of requested dimensions. In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect. However, these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal for your mattress to finish slightly smaller or larger than ordered.
Do I have a preference of whether you undersize or oversize for the variance?
- Yes! On the Cart page, you can request a "slightly undersize" or "slightly oversize" preference when we build. You can apply the same preference to both the width and length, or one preference for the width and another for the length. We will use this information during the build process to ensure your new mattress fits accordingly.
Will the variance be a full 1 inch in every case?
- Although we require up to 1 inch on all mattresses, the majority of our mattresses finish well under that variance. Our craftsman are very skilled and do a good job at keeping this to a minimum.
If I measured the dimensions of my frame and entered that for the mattress size, what should I choose for the variance preference?
- If you measured the "tight" space of your frame from wood to wood (or metal to metal), it is our recommendation to select "Slightly Undersize" for the variance. This will allow for a small amount of space in between the frame and the mattress. Tucking sheets under will be easier and the mattress will fit more comfortably.
- If you already accounted for a small space between the frame and mattress, it still may be a good idea to undersize slightly. That will ensure the small perimeter space remains available.
If you have any additional questions about the 1 inch mattress variance, please feel free to contact us HERE.