Cape 6" Mattress
“A medium comfort mattress with support from coil system. 6" depth allows this to fit where thicker mattresses can't"
- Firmness level: Medium
- Mattress thickness: approx. 6”
- Coil System: 4” Low-Profile Comfort Core. 774 coils in queen
- Cover: Circular Knit – Quilted
- Quilting: .75” Gel-Infused, Medium Foam – 1.5 density
- Upholstery: .75” Firm Foam – 1.8 density
- Base Foam: .75" breathable insulator pad
- Fire Barrier: Inherent Woven Rayon (made from wood pulp), *no chemical sprays*
- Design: Rotatable, No-Flip design
Warranty: 5 Year, Non-Prorated
Approximate build-time before shipment
- common sizes: 1-2 weeks
- odd/custom sizes: 2-3 weeks
- 4", 'Low-Profile Comfort Core' support system
- 15 guage steel
- 774 coils in queen size
- coils are edge-to-edge, no foam encasement
- more durable support system than just foam
- Made in USA by Leggett & Platt
What you'll notice:
Low-motion transfer across mattress. Less disturbance when moving around and switching positions. Coils provide support but also a conforming effect that contours to the body.
Quilt & Comfort Layers
- Custom quilting w/ integrated FR properties
- .75" of medium, 1.5 density gel-infused foam
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- All USA made materials
- .75" of firm, 1.8 density foam
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- Made in USA
What you'll notice:
A simple, medium feel that is supportive and conforming. Gel-infused quilt foam will dissipate heat faster than regular foam. For a 6" thick mattress, this is about as good as it gets. Ideal for setups that require a thinner mattress.
Odd/Custom Size Mattress Variance
Due to coil barrel diameters, all custom/odd-size mattresses are subject to a 1" variance in each direction.
- As skilled as our builders are, it is almost impossible to construct a spring mattress to exact desired dimensions. Each coil spring has a predetermined diameter, therefore we are somewhat limited when it comes to the width and length of the mattress. Since we cannot split a coil in half or thirds, we build the mattress to within a 1" variance of requested dimensions.
- In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect. However these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal to see your mattress slightly smaller or larger than ordered.
*This mattress is available in all of the following common sizes: Twin, Twin XL, 3/4 (three quarter), Full (double), Full XL, Queen, King and California King.
*It is also available in other less common sizes: RV (short) Queen, Split Queen, Split King, Split California King, Olympic Queen, Super Single waterbed, Queen waterbed, King waterbed and many more. To view our mattress size chart, click HERE.
*Is your mattress not a perfect rectangle? Do you have an angled corner or one side longer than the other? Do you have a round mattress with "rounded" corners? Click HERE to send us an email.
The mattress fit beautifully into the built-in bed frame in our Princess-themed room. Soft and comfortable despite the wood board beneath it, and decked out with curtains and beautiful sheets and cover, it is perfect for our little grand nieces when they sleepover. Plush and maxes with really nice materials. Fit for princesses.
Had to have a special mattress made to fit the futon frame. The mattress arrived in great shape and fit to size within a reasonable amount of time. So happy with comfort and results that I would purchase regular sized mattress from them.
Our mattress came fast, fit perfect and our daughter loves her first big kid bed!
I ordered two mattresses for an old trundle bed that needed custom sizes. They were shipped quickly. Unfortunately on arrival there was a problem with one that didn't fully expand to the ordered size. The company immediately responded by going above and beyond my expectations in remedying this, at no further cost to me, and did this in a very thoughtful and reassuring manner. The mattresses are a huge improvement over what they replaced, and the cost was very reasonable. This was the only manufacturer I could find that would construct a 6" mattress using coils, which to my tastes is far more comfortable than a block of foam. I'm delighted to have come across a company with a high quality product that was also a pleasure to work with.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What should I place this mattress on?
Correct support for a mattress can be provided by any of the following: 1.) A firm, relatively new boxspring. The surface of the boxspring should be completely flat across with no "bowing" in the middle. If the boxspring is more than 8 years old, it should be replaced. 2.) A platform style bed frame with a roll-out slat system. The gap in between each slat should be no more than 3". If the gap in between each slat is wider than 3", more slats should be added or a boxspring needs to be used. 3.) A solid platform surface. The surface should be sturdy and completely flat, free from impressions. Keep in mind that the entire mattress must be supported evenly from edge to edge. 4.) An adjustable bed. All mattresses on this website are designed to work with adjustable beds.
How do I add the mattress to my Cart?
First, select the width and length of your mattress using the two toolbars (above the green "ADD TO CART" button). Next, click "ADD TO CART". This will take you to your Cart page, where you can select the green "CHECK OUT" button to purchase.