Cape 6" Mattress
“A medium comfort mattress with support from a steel coil system. 6" depth allows this to fit where thicker mattresses can't"
- Firmness level: Medium
- Mattress thickness: approx. 6”
- Coil System: 4” Low-Profile Comfort Core. 774 coils in queen
- Cover: Circular Knit – Quilted
- Quilting: .75” Gel-Infused, Medium Padding – 1.5 density
- Upholstery: .75” Firm Padding – 1.8 density
- Base Layer: .75" breathable insulator pad
- Fire Barrier: Inherent Woven Rayon (made from silica), *no chemical sprays*
- Design: Rotatable, No-Flip design
Warranty: 5 Year, Non-Prorated
Approximate build-time before shipment
- common sizes: 2-3 weeks
- odd/custom sizes: 2-3 weeks
- Please view variance information in relation to special sizes at the bottom of this page.
- 4", 'Low-Profile Comfort Core' support system
- 15 guage steel
- 774 coils in queen size
- coils are edge-to-edge, no foam encasement
- more durable support system than just foam
- Made in USA by Leggett & Platt
What you'll notice:
Low-motion transfer across mattress. Less disturbance when moving around and switching positions. Coils provide support but also a conforming effect that contours to the body.
Quilt & Comfort Layers
- Custom quilting w/ integrated FR properties
- .75" of medium, 1.5 density gel-infused padding
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- All USA made materials
- .75" of firm, 1.8 density padding
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- Made in USA
What you'll notice:
A simple, medium feel that is supportive and conforming. Gel-infused quilt padding will dissipate heat faster than regular padding. For a 6" thick mattress, this is about as good as it gets. Ideal for setups that require a thinner mattress.
Odd/Custom Size Mattress Variance
Due to coil barrel diameters, all custom/odd-size mattresses are subject to a 1" variance in each direction.
- As skilled as our builders are, it is almost impossible to construct a spring mattress to exact desired dimensions. Each coil spring has a predetermined diameter, therefore we are somewhat limited when it comes to the width and length of the mattress. Since we cannot split a coil in half or thirds, we build the mattress to within a 1" variance of requested dimensions.
- In most cases our mattresses are very close to perfect. However these restrictions do exist and it is completely normal to see your mattress slightly smaller or larger than ordered.
- On the Cart page, there is a box where you can request the mattress to be made "slightly undersize" or "slightly oversize".
*This mattress is available in all of the following common sizes: Twin, Twin XL, 3/4 (three quarter), Full (double), Full XL, Queen, King and California King.
*It is also available in other less common sizes: RV (short) Queen, Split Queen, Split King, Split California King, Olympic Queen, Super Single waterbed, Queen waterbed, King waterbed and many more. To view our mattress size chart, click HERE.
*Is your mattress not a perfect rectangle? Do you have an angled corner or one side longer than the other? Or perhaps you need corners cut out to fit around best posts? Click HERE to send us an email.
The two mattresses are great, I would prefer one to be firmer. We bought our old mattresses in Germany so I hope these have the same quality.
We had such a hard time finding mattresses that would fit on our older built-in bunks until I discovered your company. My experience was excellent. The products are high quality, the process was easy and you delivered them so quickly. Thank you! We are very happy with the outcome.
we are very happy with our mattress purchase. The ordering process was quite easy. It is great to know that antique beds can get a new mattress. The mattress arrived in a very timely manner.
The mattress was for an antique toddler bed. The fit was perfect and the mattress is well made. My great grandson is enjoying it.
Nice and comfortable custom built mattress.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What materials are your mattresses made of? Do they have polyurethane foam and fire retardants?
Yes, all of our mattresses use a polyfoam padding layer. Some models just have it in the top quilting, others use it in the comfort layer. This is a 100% USA made foam and is CertiPUR-US Certified. The answer to your second question is yes, we are required by United States law to use a flame resistant material in all of our mattresses. Instead of using a spray chemical like some companies, we use a thin layer of silica based fabric that is sewn into the top cover and side borders. This is product is "inertly" flame retardant, which means it naturally smolders out any flame introduced to it.
I hope that answers your questions!
Can you feel the coils underneath the thin layers of foam?
No, you shouldn't. Most individuals are suprised that there are actually springs inside. The Cape uses-fabric encased coils, which are quite different than traditional coil springs. Instead of being tied together by steel, these are linked with fabric. This allows for each coil to work independently and conform efficiently to the body. In fact, laying on just the coils alone with no padding is quite comfortable! At 6 inches thick, most people would expect something along the lines of a sofa mattress. This is quite different. The comfort and durability is well above average given the depth.
What should I place this mattress on?
Correct support for a mattress can be provided by any of the following: 1.) A firm, relatively new boxspring. The surface of the boxspring should be completely flat across with no "bowing" in the middle. If the boxspring is more than 8 years old, it should be replaced. 2.) A platform style bed frame with a roll-out slat system. The gap in between each slat should be no more than 3". If the gap in between each slat is wider than 3", more slats should be added or a boxspring needs to be used. 3.) A solid platform surface. The surface should be sturdy and completely flat, free from impressions. Keep in mind that the entire mattress must be supported evenly from edge to edge. 4.) An adjustable bed. All mattresses on this website are designed to work with adjustable beds.
How do I add the mattress to my Cart?
First, select the width and length of your mattress using the two toolbars (above the green "ADD TO CART" button). Next, click "ADD TO CART". This will take you to your Cart page, where you can select the green "CHECK OUT" button to purchase.